Tuesday, June 17, 2008

All I Have to Say About SATC


Don't worry...I won't do a rundown of the movie, how its a little idealistic and predictable for my taste...etc, etc. I enjoyed it to the degree of my expectations, and I'm a HUGE fan of the series.
No...all I'm really going to say is that if you are a guy and you go with your girlfriend, or you are a girl that takes her boyfriend you are serious losers. This is not just a chick flick...this is a culturally female and/or gay male EVENT. And all this says is that you are one of those couples who abandoned all their friends and identities on the side of the single road the second the relationship bus came along and ran your ass over.
To repent, please do the following....remember all your girlfriends? If you don't, check those undialed numbers in your phone...call them and set up something that involves foo foo drinks, foo foo smells and mini forks. While you're gone...send your boyfriend/husband/capteur a la Tom Cruise/little biotch out for drinks with the boys. He doesn't even have to KNOW the boys because either way they shouldn't be "talking" or "connecting"...just have him go to dark, dirty bar where there is crap on the floor and an oversized television with too many pixels showing a contact sport.
If it just so happens that a straight male enjoys SATC in its purest form, first...look up the definition of straight and maybe start "experimenting" and second, just wait. It will be on DVD in a short while and only you and Netflix will know you watched it. Oh, and don't go alone...we assume a man, alone in SATC is going to either murder us or wack off during OUR movie.
(one person gets a free pass on this one...Anne...because she's already seen it twice before...with her family, then with girlfriends, and soon possibly with Matt. If she went to a movie with gratuitous sex with Susan, she has earned it)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, although I haven't seen it, (and I never intend to,) I've heard some guys have found going to this movie on opening weekend to be better than going to the hottest club in town. Tons of sexually frustrated women uniting in one place and voluntarily reducing themselves to the emotional vulnerability of a child. That's basically pick-up artist pay-dirt! Just something I heard - like I said, I haven't seen it.