Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Immortal Bean


7am news...new study out regarding health benefits of 2-6 cups of coffee daily. The study's findings (according to the news caster)? Coffee reduces your chance of dying. Pretty bold statement, considering everyone since the beginning of time has died. And even if that was mispoken...the doctor reporting goes on to mention that although coffee can extend your life (by minutes or years was not distinguished) it can also cause high blood pressure, palpatations, and other health issues. So are we saying those lasting moments of life are going to be spent suffering angina? Perhaps hooked up to tubes and monitors?
This report lead me to 2 conclusions...
1) To all those people thinking that I am losing out on enriching my knowledge by indulging in Adam Sandler, Spongebob, and Rock of Love...at least I come out of those shows entertained, if not any more informed.
2) If you like coffee...drink coffee. Nothing in the umpteen billion years that people have been drinking it have their been any conclusive findings* as to whether its "healthy" or "not healthy." If it feels good drink it. If it doesn't, don't.

*Disclaimer: I didn't look into every coffee research ever done...or ANY for that matter, beyond what I saw this morning. But I figure something conclusive would have made this report null and void...which it was anyways...so there.

1 comment:

Sarah Wood said...

My Jr. High science teacher, Ms. Hodges, told me if I eat peanut butter everyday for the rest of my life, I'll die.