Friday, July 18, 2008

AMC - Tell me you're kidding?!

So this morning as I was getting ready for work, I had Project X playing in the background (which I can't even really watch, because those poor monkeys look so sad...oh and Helen Hunt, no surprise, looks so confused). But I WAS watching when AMC (the American Movie Classics Channel) advertised that they would be airing 2 Weeks Notice tonight at 10p. I'm disappointed to say the least. This couldn't be more wrong. Besides the fact that the movie just all around sucks, it can't be considered a "classic" in any sense of the word. Its a fairly recent release (I'm guessing some Blockbusters still have it under "new releases"), was not recognized as anything special at ANY point, and only 1/2 of the main characters is even American! (ok I'm splitting hairs with a literal interpretation there...but come ON!)

1 comment:

MOVIE MAN MIKE said...

I assure you, I've had the same reaction to dozens of films that the American Movie Classics channel has aired, and I've come to terms that they are just another TV station like TBS or TNT and that they have no standards for the KINDS of movies they show. They just get licensing from the studios to play the movies like anybody else.

So, if you just ignore the channel's name - much like we have to do with MTV - then you'll see that there's nothing strange going on at all. It's just some folks selling commercials.