Monday, July 28, 2008

Hell Hath No Fury...

Now, I feel like this is a matter I have every right to comment on. I've been jilted a time or two, and the most recent jilt should have registered on the richter scale! IN THAILAND! I always come up with some insanely stellar ideas for revenge. One guy sent a roomate to my birthday party to tell me he wanted my TV back...among my plans for him? Taking the TV apart and giving pieces to everyone to whom he owed money or favors. However, in the end, he picked it up, no harm, no foul. Another had lent me a video phone he stole from work...I planned on asking his boss how he would like it returned with a full explanation of WHY I had it. In the end, I gave it back, and he helped me move a desk. Again, pretty uneventful. I even have had the opportunity to out someone who hurt me...and I mean "out"... of the Elton John listening, doing it with other dudes closet....
Anywho...I digress...
I have noticed a lot of media regarding "The Scorned Woman." The phrase "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" dates back over 300 years. I will be the first to call out generalizations or discrimination, but something that rings true for decades...well, it can't really be argued.
First, Shanna Moakler...former model, actress, reality tv star, and MISS USA for christ's sake! She could probably score pretty much any guy, in any country, of any hemisphere, of any planet- and has with the likes of Billy Idol and Dennis Quaid. She's hot, with a capital H! She dated and married Blink 182 drummer, Travis Barker and broke up in 2006...AND 2007. She had an altercation with Paris Hilton shortly after their first break up amongst rumors of his cheating...and by altercation, I mean an all out bar bitch brawl. MORE recently, she threw a drink on Kim Kardashian at a party...something about questioning her relationship with her (ex)husband while modeling for him. Geez!! The relationship is over. THE GUY is the one who has a responsibility to you and he got OUT of that responsibility. You are gorgeous and famous and have lots and lots of money. Why act like a white trash trailer rat over this guy? There'll be others, I promise. In fact, despite publicly finding out that you're three flavors of psycho - they're probably beating down the door of your rich person house! Really, someone needs to tell this girl that the best revenge is living well. And by being hot and rich, you're already...like, 80% there! Snap out of it girl.
Next, from a discussion about Shanna, I was directed to a video of Trisha Walsh Smith...the YouTube divorce woman. She signed a pre-nup...smart if you ask me for all parties included. Now she's got a video of her ranting about how she herself is an idiot, but her cards (Tarot cards) show that she will be "victorious." Hint: your making an ass of yourself, hence NOT victorious. She calls the secretary, putting an innocent person in the middle of their issues. She feels she is entitled to money that she didn't earn and even calling it "MY pension." A Pension is from WORKING...not marrying. And then she goes into sex...so you're burning him by telling us he didn't have sex with you even though he could?! I would be embarrassed as HELL to admit that. AND she says "can you believe I'm being evicted in 2008 by him even though he has no grounds for divorce!" I'm sorry, is this anti-women's rights in some way? Is it barbaric or archaic in some way that he wants you out of his house, and is offering a sum of 3/4 of a million dollars?! What makes this woman so entitled? And what made these people marry in the first place? Really, the "licensing" process should be a little more strict.
And just as these things are going through my head as a possible blog, JACKPOT...a woman is awarded $150,000 after her fiance calls off the wedding. Now this one makes the most sense...this woman relied on the oral contract of an engagement and relocated, gave up a source of considerable income, and put money into the wedding. So she did have a loss based on reliance of what this man said. That's what civil court is all about. But really...it all comes down to hitting him where it hurts. In the pocketbook. Most men barely blink an eye at emotional pleadings, name calling, or statement so of evil doing. Its the reputation and the pocket book that really brings a tear to their eyes...
And so it goes, with many other seemingly well put together, advantaged women...Linda Hogan, Denise Richards, Christy Brinkley, and Heather Mills (well...ok, she's just all around batshit crazy)...when they are hurt by a man, broken hearted, cheated by love...the claws come out and the game is on. Its like the uterus has a switch (its pretty sensitive, so we'll assume its hidden just behind the clitoris)that instigates CRAZY...with a capital EVERYTHING!!
So men beware. There is nothing like a woman's love...but make sure before you get wrapped up in it, that its THE love you want, or really you have no idea what might be headed your way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, see? Women are crazy! They don't really seem to want love, affection and a partner. By these examples you've given, all they seem to want is our MONEY! (Not that I have any, but... ya know... in general.)

I'm always going to be keeping my eyes open for a woman who can earn her OWN money and still enjoy spending time and building a relationship with me.

A WORD TO THE WISER WOMEN: STOP "NEEDING" A MAN! Get your own shit together, so that you'll NEVER "need" a man, and then you can enjoy a relationship free of dependency! Hooray!

(Crazy-ass womens!)

Katie said...

Ummm, this from the guy who has quite the co-dependent record?

Colleen said...

I would just like to say there are a lot of normal girls out there we just don't garner the same type of attention as the crazy ones do. So it looks like the crazy ones are representing the entire population which just isn't true. A lot of us pick ourselves up and keep going with out insanity fits.